Location: All Locations / Remote
# of Openings: 10
Category: Information Technology
Tallan is a software technology consultancy. Our innovative solutions use the latest software technology and tools to help companies build for the future and overcome their toughest challenges. Our services and products span customer experience, cloud and AI technology, data analytics, IT strategy, and business process advisory throughout the United States. Tallan is one of only a select few Microsoft National Solution Providers in the US and has maintained multiple Gold Competencies in Microsoft technologies for the last 12 years. For more than 30 years, our clients have come to us to find new ways to accelerate innovation, do more with less, get to market faster, create experiences their customers love, and build operational muscle for sustainable results. We help companies push the boundaries of what’s possible, with innovation-driven solutions that seamlessly combine our technology thought leadership and business acumen.
- Be a thought leader and organization change agent who can drive a technology step change by enabling business while simplifying the data environment and improving speed of delivery.
- Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical and data design approaches that yield actionable recommendations across multiple, diverse domains.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design.
- Develops data architecture plans and executes them in collaboration with data owners, solution architects & technology leads.
- Provides technical leadership, mentoring, and coaching to technical team.
- Enables a high performing team that has a culture of continuous learning, collaboration, and is focused on business outcomes.
- Willing to participate in client facing sales and marketing activities, which may include presenting at seminars focused on using technology to address business challenges, or meeting with a client teams for an on-site architecture design session as the precursor to a potential engagement.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of relevant professional experience in a Data Engineer and Business Intelligence role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Robust Data Architecture skills – sets direction for and possesses a deep understanding of data architecture patterns which integrate with industry trends.
- Experience in data management, data warehousing, data modeling, business intelligence, master data management, metadata management concepts, and ETL frameworks.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, in both a data modelling and query authoring (SQL) capacity
- Strong experience of 3+ year in relational and dimensional modelling, ideally including experience with SSAS Multi-Dimensional or Tabular Model design.
- Experience of 3+ years in Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tools and techniques.
- Should have experience using the following software/tools:
- Strong experience with relational databases such as SQL Server
- Experience with Azure cloud services (i.e. Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions)
- Experience with ETL tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or Informatica Power Center
- Experience with Power BI or comparable experience with other self-service BI visualization tool such as Tableau or QlikView
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or comparable canned reporting tool
- Nice to have experience with any object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as C#, Python, R, Java, Scala, etc.
- Nice to have experience with Data Lake tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Databricks, etc.
- Nice to have experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Cosmos DB
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Tallan offers competitive salaries and bonus plans; has comprehensive benefits plans including medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off, and excellent career development and advancement opportunities.
Tallan is an equal opportunity employer