Join the Tallan team!
Director, Client Engagement
Location: Southern California / Remote
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
Tallan is a software technology consultancy. Our innovative solutions use the latest software technology and tools to help companies build for the future and overcome their toughest challenges. Our services and products span customer experience, cloud and AI technology, data analytics, IT strategy, and business process advisory throughout the United States. Tallan is one of only a select few Microsoft National Solution Providers in the US and has maintained multiple Gold Competencies in Microsoft technologies for the last 12 years. For more than 30 years, our clients have come to us to find new ways to accelerate innovation, do more with less, get to market faster, create experiences their customers love, and build operational muscle for sustainable results. We help companies push the boundaries of what’s possible, with innovation-driven solutions that seamlessly combine our technology thought leadership and business acumen.
The Director of Client Engagement at Tallan is the primary point of contact to sales resources, regional directors, and escalated point of contact for clients regarding overall and day-to-day service delivery. This role will have the responsibility for project deliverables, resources, design and development process, tooling, and standards delivering utilizing an Agile SDLC related to their regional office. This resource will also assist the Regional Directors to establish new accounts and grow existing accounts and oversee projects within their regional office working closely with the assigned project managers. The Director of Client Engagement has direct responsibility for fostering a high customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that client needs are well understood, expectations are correctly positioned, and deliverables are completed on time.
- Builds and maintains strong client relationships and participates in client meetings regarding performance to ensure client satisfaction.
- Promotes the organization’s capabilities and works to achieve contract extension or to win additional business within account(s).
- Participant in establishing and enforcing the standard process for estimating, scoping, technical design, testing, QA, delivery, and support.
- Enforce implementation standards, tools, platforms, frameworks and methodologies.
- Attend pre-sales meetings to assist in closing deals.
- Attend post-sales meeting to assist with the planning and kick off on new projects.
- Assist with generating proposals in conjunction with managing directors, and practice directors in support of new and existing accounts.
- Directly manage or assist managers to deliver projects by developing project teams, assessing project risks, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team.
- Track project schedule and budget for all projects executed within the regional office.
- Maximize billable utilization of team resources.
- Program manage an account across many project(s) and/or individual accounts across the regional office.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience working in a team environment
- Minimum of 2 years as a project lead
- Minimum of 3 years in project management
- Minimum of 2 years managing multiple projects
- Expertise in project management practices and client relations
- Possesses strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate multiple disparate teams in-house and in a remote environment
- Ability to coach and train project management staff
- Proficient in using work item tracking systems (e.g. Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps, Jira, etc.) to track and report project progress using Agile methods
- Strong skills with all MS Office applications including Visio and Project
- Must be detail orientated and organized; extensive experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with various deadlines and durations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Effective thought leadership in Agile delivery
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the Tallan core competencies for this position including:
- A positive and friendly attitude
- Organizational skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Application Life Cycle Management
- Project monitoring and tracking
- Mentoring staff
- Thought leadership
Perform as a manager for all project leaders within the Managing Director’s regional office to assist with answering questions and providing direction on new and existing projects; coach less-experienced project leaders including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback; and enforce the delivery process
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Tallan offers competitive salaries and bonus plans; has comprehensive benefits plans including medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off, and excellent career development and advancement opportunities.
Tallan is an equal opportunity employer
This job description has been approved by all levels of management. Acknowledgment below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.