Join the Tallan team!
Project Manager – Data
Location: All Locations / Remote
# of Openings: 10
Category: Information Technology
Tallan is a software technology consultancy. Our innovative solutions use the latest software technology and tools to help companies build for the future and overcome their toughest challenges. Our services and products span customer experience, cloud and AI technology, data analytics, IT strategy, and business process advisory throughout the United States. Tallan is one of only a select few Microsoft National Solution Providers in the US and has maintained multiple Gold Competencies in Microsoft technologies for the last 12 years. For more than 30 years, our clients have come to us to find new ways to accelerate innovation, do more with less, get to market faster, create experiences their customers love, and build operational muscle for sustainable results. We help companies push the boundaries of what’s possible, with innovation-driven solutions that seamlessly combine our technology thought leadership and business acumen.
As a Project Manager at Tallan, you will be responsible for project delivery, development (coding) on an as needed basis, and providing technical sales support to the Practice VP, Regional Managing Directors, VP of Sales, and the Business Development Managers throughout the sales process. You will review project proposals and create plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects. You will provide technical leadership and are responsible for personnel growth throughout the project. You will maintain a direct line of communication with the client, their team, and Senior Management about project development. You will make a direct and significant contribution to the company’s revenue and profits.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands and can explicitly articulate technology solutions with the client as it relates to the client’s project requirement and business
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel
- Confers with project staff to outline the work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Gathers status from project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, and client stakeholders.
- Facilitates weekly project status meetings.
- Tracks project schedule and budget regularly.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates sharing of innovations learned during projects.
- Establishes a cross-functional schedule for all project personnel and internal constraints.
- Communicates with team deliverable expectations and oversee the timely completion of milestones.
- Supports project personnel by designing/coding applications following specifications.
- Upholds the ethics and values of the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent development experience
- Five to seven (5-7) years of equivalent programing and development experience
- Proficient in practicing the software development life cycle
- Knowledge and experience with Agile best practices
- Experience working with business owners to gather and prioritize business requirements
- Exceptional written communication using email and slide deck presentations
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Experience presenting to organization leadership
- Strong experience with project management tools such as TFS, Azure DevOps, JIRA, and Microsoft Project
Tallan offers competitive salaries and bonus plans; has comprehensive benefits plans including medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off, and excellent career development and advancement opportunities.
Tallan is an equal opportunity employer