Location: Glastonbury, CT
# of Openings: 1
Tallan is a national software consulting company with headquarters in Glastonbury, CT. We improve our clients’ business using data and software to develop innovative and customized solutions that take advantage of the latest technology advances. Our consultants work in small project teams on-premises with our clients and interact directly with the users.
As an Business Development Manager, you will work directly with the regional leadership to help plan and execute the sales strategy with the primary goal of growing business for this region. The scope of your responsibilities will include the following areas:
- Partner Engagement
- Foster our relationship with partners such as Microsoft
- Understand partner drivers, offerings, and opportunities
- Help in creating partner-aligned offerings
- Co-Sell opportunities with partners
- Customer Engagement
- Proactively engage contacts, including communication and scheduling with potential customers
- Plan, schedule, attend and/or execute product and solution demonstrations for existing and potential customers via conference call, webinar, video call, or in-person
- Manage ongoing relationships with Tallan’s customers and identify additional opportunities
- Lead Development, Qualification, and Tracking (Sales)
- Attend industry and networking events
- Follow up on leads generated through national and regional marketing activities
- Develop leads into opportunities by effectively communicating Tallan’s value proposition
- Identify high potential opportunities and work with leadership to close deals
- Enter, track, and maintain leads and opportunities in CRM systems
- Create proposals and quotes for potential customers
- Route and manage contract documents between potential customers and Tallan’s legal team
- Market Research (Marketing)
- Conduct competitive research and analysis
- Conduct regional market research for Tallan’s solutions and products.
- Identify ideal titles for buyers of Tallan’s services and products, as well as build target contact lists.
- Assist the Tallan marketing team with regional marketing and events
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years of sales experience
- Organized and self-motivated
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be comfortable and interested in new technical innovation
- Experience using a marketing package such as HubSpot, Marketo, or Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple task with various deadlines and durations
- Strong computer skills including experience with MS Office, email, and online tools like LinkedIn.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally to Tallan’s other offices or customer locations
Tallan offers competitive salaries and bonus plans; has comprehensive benefits plans including medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off, and excellent career development and advancement opportunities.
Tallan is an equal opportunity employer