On September 23rd, Tallan and Microsoft partnered for a virtual event discussing how the (funded engagement!) DPi30 can benefit state and local government agencies. This data platform pilot, which is part of Microsoft’s Solution Assessment program, is a perfect opportunity for testing a use-case and allowing teams to try before you buy.
Presenters included Bart Schorsch (Solution Specialist, Data & AI, Microsoft), Kristi Verma (Cloud Economics Engagement Manager, Microsoft), and Dan Fluet (Vice President, Sales, Tallan). The presenting team covered topics that included why DPi30 matters for state and local governments, basic deliverables you can expect, and real-world success stories. This blog will take a deeper dive into what the DPi30 engagement is and how it can benefit state and local government agencies.
A Data Platform in 30 Days | Backed by Microsoft Funding
The DPi30 process is a tried and true process that can be applied to a multitude of business models. Here’s how it works:
Phase 1 – Analysis and Design
- Analyze business objectives and supporting data sources
- Overview of reference architecture and targeted Azure Data Services
- “Whiteboarding” design workshop with your team
Phase 2 – Deploying the Solution
- Conduct working sessions and walkthroughs to experience Azure
- Based on the details and information gathered during the Analysis & Design phase, Tallan provisions Azure resources to support target solution
- Build data ingestion, enrichment, and modeling processes
- Create Power BI report to showcase the new modern data platform
Phase 3 – Transition to Your Team
- Share project deliverables
- Executive presentation and demonstration
- Discussion regarding proposed next steps
As a part of this event, Tallan was thrilled to share examples of recent client success stories. We began with a state agency that utilized DPi30 to analyze and report on 30+ years of data! This customer successfully unified disparate data sources, aggregated data, and ultimately achieved better analytics through improved reporting performance. Before this engagement, weekly processes took 24 hours to download, 2 hours to unencrypt, one more hour to duplicate, and finally, 90 minutes to restore. Tallan eliminated those extraneous tasks and helped automate the process. Tallan also covered how DPi30 has greatly helped two water utility agencies, including DC Water. Learn more about that project here.
The benefits of DPi30 can be applied to a wide variety of businesses and organizations. View the full recording of this event for more details on how DPi30 can benefit your team.
Tallan has a full calendar of virtual events ahead, including a Cloud Security Workshop on October 14th and App Innovation: A Solution Assessment on October 28th. Click here to view our current offerings!