Whether your business is bringing remote teams together or migrating data, the potential for growth is achieved through the cloud. A well-organized strategy yields a more efficient, smoother migration down the road. Aging systems and legacy applications cannot always meet today’s business goals. Tallan and Microsoft partner to deliver App Innovate to help your team prepare to migrate and modernize their applications to the cloud through a consultation.
Your technology partner analyzes up to five applications and provides recommendations, a reference architecture design, and a modernization plan. Under the App Innovation process, those applications are assessed, followed by recommendations for best next steps.
The Value of PaaS
Platform as a Service (PaaS) is a general-purpose cloud service model with CI/CD automation, app deployment, auto-scaling, and container orchestration functionality. With infrastructure included to back the entire web application development course, PaaS supports advanced and simple cloud-based apps alike without having to worry about multiple software licenses. With Paas, the user only manages data and applications, while storage, servers, networking, virtualization, and runtime are managed by your technology provider.
App Innovate Benefits
- An App Portfolio Analysis evaluates applications from a people, process and technology perspective to ensure that recommendations meet the needs of your users and the skills of your team.
- Modernization Planning reviews options for modernizing the applications. The preferred option will be architected and planned to provide you with actionable next steps.
How it Works
This consultation can be completed in just a few easy steps…
- Planning: Business objectives and supporting data sources are analyzed to identify “as-is” architecture and 1-5 candidate applications/services to be modernized. An analysis is then run on the current application, environment, data sources, identities, connectivity, and security.
- Architecture Design Requirements: Working sessions and walkthroughs are conducted so that the user(s) fully understand applications and the current state of their Azure environment. To-be architecture is subsequently designed with a roadmap for future modernization in mind.
- Training and execution: The modernization plan is reviewed with an Executive presentation, demonstration, and discussion regarding the proposed course of action for each application or service.